1860's Fritcher Family 9 CDV Photos, New York State & Pennsylvania
#409: Fritcher Genealogy
This is a wonderful collection of 9 1860-70's Fritcher family CDV photos all found together. All are clearly identified on reverse with very clear old period handwriting.
9 Original Victorian CDV Carte de Visite Photos:
The Following 4 images were taken by photographers Bonta & Curtiss of 16-24 East Genesee Street, Syracuse, NY. (known to be Samuel Bonta 1812-1910 and his son-in-law Nathan S. Curtiss, Nathan Curtiss)
1. "Uncle Silas Fritcher" handwritten in old pencil.
2. Myra Fritcher Nolan (Myra Nolan) Known to be Almira Myra Fritcher.
3. "Julia Fritcher, Mrs. Riegel" is handwritten on reverse in old pencil (she may be known as Julia Riegel, Juia Fritcher Riegel in census.
4. "Eliza F." is handwritten in pencil by the same hand as others on reverse and "Eliza Fritcher" on front by the same hand.
5. On front: "Mamie Pomeroy & Charles Fritcher" is handwritten in old dip pen ink. The photo was taken presumably by photographer C.E. Myers, Hornellsville, Steuben County, New York (known to be Civil War veteran Charles E. Myers, Charles Myers)
6. On front: "Charles Raymond Fritcher" is handwritten in old dip pen ink. On reverse: "Charles Raymond Fritcher, age four years and 1 month, Feb 26, 1880" is handwritten. (illegible last number of date, appears to be 1880) Photographer: Mac Collin, S.E. Cor. Third and Pine Streets, Williamsport, Pennsylvania, Lycoming County.
7. On front: "Jule Myers Fritcher" is handwritten. She would also be known as Julia Fritcher or Jule Fritcher in census. Photographer: M. Mead, Waverly, Tioga County, New York (known to be photographer Montgomery Mead)
8. On reverse: "Amelia Fritcher (Mrs. Thomas Williams), Jennie's mother" is handwritten in pencil. She would be known as Amelia Williams. Photographer: Winter, Savings Bank Building, North Salina Street, Syracuse, Onondaga County, New York. (known to be John Winter)
9. On front: "Julia Fritcher" is handwritten. Photographer: Blye Brothers, No. 8 South Salina Street, Syracuse, Onondaga County, New York. (known to be Alson Blye, Alson D. Blye, Alson DeForest Blye, or misspelled in census as Alsen Blye. He and his brother George D. Blye worked together as the Blye Bros)
The 9 photos were all found together in Rockland, Knox County, Maine and are an amazing original Fritcher Civil War era family collection and set. Most likely they were removed from a decrepit CDV photo album, which very often do not stand the test of time. A wonderful set.
Size: 2.5 x 4 inches all.
Note: The 9 originals are sold, but you may still purchase large, detailed and intimate 300 dpi high resolution scans of all 9 photos front and back, sent immediately via email. Please check our site carefully, as many may be related to each other that we are unaware of. Click scan to place them in your cart. Thank you, enjoy! ~debra (please also join me at Ancestorville Genealogy on facebook. contact info on top bar)
We Also Recommend....