1860's Dr. A.C. Farr (Alexander Campbell Farr) Tintype Photo, Indiana
-A one of kind antique photo, when sold, no more
-Alexander C. Farr, Alexander Farr, Alex Farr, Teague, Goss Family Genealogy
-Gosport & Bloomington Indiana, Owen & Monroe County History
-Original signed civil war era CDV sized tin-type photograph
On Front: "Dr A.C. Farr, Gosport, Indiana" is handwritten in fancy old period dip pen ink script. "Dr." is also handwritten in front of his name, presumably at a later date when he became a physician. "Sweetie" is also handwritten in the same hand. Photo type: Tintype Photograph in CDV size paper mat, embossed, very fancy. Age: 1860-70s. Photographer: unmarked, unknown.
A.C. appears to be in his late teens or early twenties in this photo. It was found in Madison NY, Madison County. Gosport is a town in Wayne Township, Owen County, Indiana and Bloomington, where he was known to practice, which is in Monroe County.
Found in public records:
Civil War Veteran Nathan FARR was born on 1822 in Wayne Township, Owen, Indiana, and died in 1893 in Morgan, Indiana. He married Martha GOSS (Martha Farr) in 1843 in Owen, Indiana.
They had these children:
1. Isabel FARR b. 1844 in Morgan, Indiana, d. 1862.
2. Doctor Alexander Campbell FARR was born on 11 Sep 1846. He died on 13 Oct 1930. (Alexander married Cynthia A. TEAGUE (Cynthia Teague) on 9 Sep 1875 in Morgan, Indiana.
3. Sarah C. FARR (Sarah Farr) born 1848 in Morgan, died 1871 in Montgomery County Coffeyville, Labette, Kansas.
4. Daniel W. FARR (Daniel Farr) born 1850 died 1866.
5. Juretta Malinda FARR (Juretta Farr, Juretta M. Farr) born 1852 in Morgan, Indiana, died 1878.
6. Susanna FARR born 1853
7. Melinda J. FARR (Melinda Farr) born 1852, died 1878.
8. Rebecca FARR born 1853, died 1889.
9. Martha Bethsaida (Bertha) FARR born 1857, died 1942. (Martha Farr, Martha B. Farr, Bethsaida Farr, Bertha Farr)
10. Victoria FARR born 1859, died 1942.
11. Curtis Daniel FARR (Curtis D. Farr, Curtis Farr) born 1861, died 1862.
12. Scott Barber FARR (Scott B. Farr, Scott Farr) born 1862, died 1863.
A beautiful Alexander Farr family piece. They may have upstate New York family ties, as this photo was found there.
Size: 2.5 x 4 inches
Note: Hello from ~debra. I have spent years collecting over 10,000 ID’d lost family photos & paper from US flea markets & antique shops. I do the best gen research I can, but am always open to corrections. This is an original antique item, not a reprint. A new high quality rigid sleeve is included for extra protection, especially during shipping. You may buy a piece alone, or large intimate 300 dpi scans of the front and back sent immediately via email, or both. Please search carefully, as they are often found together and many may be related. I also invite you to join me at Ancestorville Genealogy on facebook. Thank you, enjoy! ~Debra Clifford (contact info on top bar)
We Also Recommend....