February 1st, 1845 Ancestorville Town News
Today's Genealogy News & Tips
- How to Properly Record Names in Genealogy: 8 Rules to Follow By Kimberly Powell. Click Here.
- Genealogy Group to build Nation’s first Church Record archive in Boston by Marie Szaniszlo, Boston Herald Click Here.
- An Introduction to Burial and Death Records in the UK. An easy website with basic clear info. Click Here.
- Italian Surname Meanings and Origins: Uncovering Your Italian Heritage by Kimberly Powell. Click Here.
Lost Ancestor Family Photos of the Day
-1860's Jenison Family Civil War era CDV Photo, Hartford County Connecticut by Photographer S.H. Waite (Stephen H. Waite) Click Here.
-1870-80'S Bertha Spears Family CDV Photo, Terre Haute IN by Photographer H.T. Biel, Vigo County. (known to be Henry T. Biel) Click Here.
Search newly listed ancestors on our browse new page and please peruse articles and 1000's of lost family photos and other genealogy antiques on our site!
History, Archaeology, Victorian Life
- Preserved in time: Over 13,000 19th century jam jars, pickle pots glass bottles are unearthed: Archaeologists call it the biggest collection of pottery ever discovered in London. Click Here.
- At My Table: George Washington was the Nation’s Founding Farmer By Ann M. Evans, Daily Democrat, Woodland CA. Click Here.
- "From Revolution to Reunion, The Reintegration of South Carolina Loyalists" How South Carolina found a path to reconciliation between Patriots, those fighting for American independence, and Loyalists, who fought for the British crown. Click Here.
Penny Book of the Day: Buy for 1¢ on Amazon...
A Perfect Union: Dolley Madison and the Creation of the American Nation by Catherine Allgor. Click Here.