It is best to search for ancestors by entering one term in the search box below such as surname, city or town, county, state, or a keyword such as Civil War, trade card, daguerreotype, etc.
......do you own a genealogy web site or an author with a a genealogy related book? would like your link here below? happy to share links with you! Just email me here....and do join our NEW Genealogy Website Owner group on facebook. We talk SEO, links, sharing, and help with your site management and content.
Our Recommended Genealogy Links
...would you like your genealogy link here? Sure! email debra here.
- Cyndi's List: For 20 years the essential genealogy links site hosted by Cyndi Ingle. The most amazing resource to break your brick walls down. Warning, you could spend days there! 336,733 links of pure genealogy related material.
- Casto Family Connections: The amazing Danita Smith (the most popular chat room presenter at ancestorville on FB, ever!) runs the largest website in the world devoted to Casto family genealogy research. amazing!
- Hibbitt & Barnes Family Website: This is a great UK site run by Annie Barnes (née Hibbitt) and has great photos, history and shots of beautiful Devon, England and such. Give a look.
- Civil War Newspapers: Thousands of military reports, military orders, and even soldier letters and diaries made their way into ink on newsprint. This is an incredible resource from the Virginia Center for Civil War Studies.
- Genealogy Antiques: Finding Your 19th c. Antique Paper & Photography: an article by me, Debra, owner of Ancestorville all about using ebay as a tool to find your lost genealogy family photos and treasures.
- Find a Grave: 165 million grave records, yes, that's 165 million! you can also create virtual memorials, add "virtual flowers" and add a note on a loved one's grave.
- Genealogy Website Owners Group: on Facebook, a sharing group to help gen website owners....run by Debra @ Ancestorville and Danita Smith. come join us!
- Ancestorville Genealogy on facebook: est. 1842! our own long time genealogy site on facebook talking antiques, history and genealogy and that's where we post hundreds of our identified antique, vintage family photos.
- Nobody's Child Finding My Life Through The Children's Home. Author Janet Mancini' Website about life as an adoptee and finding her biological family, as well as women who took care of her in the Children's home.
- Panhandle Genealogy is a beautiful site and free online genealogy community and blog for the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia, and surrounding areas and states.
- The Widow's Walk is a great list of free genealogical research sites by Rhonda Steele.
...like to see your genealogy related link here? Sure! email debra here.
Posted by Debra Clifford on